Rutland Pet Hospital is one of only two Kelowna veterinary clinics to offer the option of CO2 laser surgery.
CO2 laser surgery is utilized for feline declawing and the majority of eye procedures. The option of CO2 laser is also available for most soft tissue surgeries, and spay and neuters.
The Benefits of C02 Laser Surgery Include:
- Seals Nerve Endings – Lasers cut tissue with a beam of light which seals the nerve endings so there is very little pain when your animal wakes up.
- Seals Blood Vessels – Lasers also seal blood vessels as they cut so there is usually no need for bandaging after surgery.
- Seals Lymphatic Vessels – Lasers seal the lymph vessels in the skin which nearly eliminates any swelling after surgery.
- Lasers cut without touching - This eliminates much of the trauma associated with standard surgical techniques.
- Precision – Lasers allow the surgeon to be able to perform surgery with more precision.
- Faster Recovery – The use of CO2 laser for surgery will speed up the recovery for your pet for almost any surgical procedure. Your pet will generally recover faster with fewer side effects including less bleeding, less pain and less swelling.